- All students registering with Udrafter must have the right to work in the UK. Students must therefore have UK, EU, EEA, Swiss citizenship or have Indefinite Leave to Remain. Unfortunately, this is a legal requirement as International students on a Tier 4 Visa are unable to work as self employed in the UK.
- Students must also have a valid university or college matriculation number and email address in order to sign up to Udrafter.
- A valid student ID card is also required for ID verification when completing jobs.
- All businesses must be a legitimate trading business entity in the United Kingdom.
- All businesses must have a valid Companies House Number and representative signing up on behalf of the business.
- Businesses must have an active company bank account where funds can be transferred.
Udrafter will automatically deduct a service charge when the payment is processed. This charge goes towards Udrafter administration costs and always improving the Udrafter platform so that you can enjoy a seamless user experience and have access to more money making job opportunities that suit your lifestyle.
Account & Profile
Post a Job
Udrafter does not allow communication of personal contact details or information on the platform. This includes 3rd party contact details and personal information such as phone numbers, email addresses, home addresses, social media links. This is for your own personal safety and security on and offline.
Review the students profile, qualifications, work experience, biography, video C.V, student verification, and make an offer. The student will then be assigned to the job where you can then send instant private messages to exchange any further details about the position.
Make an offer
Is there anything I should watch out for when applying to one-off jobs or projects? keyboard_arrow_down
- Look out for job posters posting jobs to be completed at strange times of the day.
- Be wary of unusually high pay rates for jobs and for jobs that are asking for someone immediately.
- Jobs that are not relevant to your degree such as deliveries, moving boxes, odd jobs like cleaning, academic proofreading or tutoring. These jobs are not supported on Udrafter and will be removed. Please refer to the Udrafter User Guidelines on what jobs are supported and not supported on Udrafter.
Pricing and Payments (Business Perspective)
Udrafter is a transparent platform that connects students and businesses on demand. Below shows how the process works:
- Accept a student to complete your job
- Payment is securely held within the Udrafter Payment system
- The Student completes the job
- The money is automatically transferred to the student 48 days after the end date of the job
- Both job poster and student leave reviews for one another
Pricing and Payments (Student Perspective)
Please make sure to check the following:
- That your card has not expired
- That you have not made an error with entering the card number
- That you have entered the CVC security number on the back of your card
- Make sure your card is activated if it is new
- That you have enough funds within your account to make a payment
- Make sure you enter your name as it appears on the card without your title e.g. Mr, Miss, Mrs
Changes & Cancellations
If they do not respond then you can cancel the job and repost it for the hundreds of other students will be available to complete your job.
Ratings & Reviews
The following are not supported on Udrafter:
- Reviews which do not relate to the work carried out by the student
- Posting racist, discriminatory, defamatory, derogatory, and offensive content (also includes trolling and taunting)
- Posting harmful or illegal content
- Content which violates a person's privacy such as revealing personal information or their identity.
Please click here to read the Udrafter User Guidelines.
Something went wrong
- Make sure you provide as much detail as possible regarding a job description for a job you are posting as a business. Equally, be detailed about the experience you have as a student.
- Ask Questions: No question is a stupid questions so make sure you know the full facts before making an offer on a job or accepting a job offer.
- Don’t cancel a job last minute (i.e. on the day of the job). Give at least 48 hours notice if it is absolutely necessary that you cancel the job.
- Underestimate the amount of work to be done and the pay rate you will set for a student to complete the work.
- Post a job that goes against the rules of the Udrafter User Guidelines.
- A job poster can raise a payment dispute with 48 hours of the end date of the job. This dispute feature can be found by selecting the live job. Udrafter will then review the reason for the dispute and will investigate the evidence used in the claim to come to a resolution.
- All users may raise issues or concerns to Udrafter if a user has posted something inappropriate or a users behaviour breaches the User Guidelines. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At Udrafter we want to make sure that all users are safe and feel safe when a student completes work for a job poster. Here are some general rules for staying safe:
- Try to use common sense and instincts in any situation - if something does not feel right or seems unsafe or dangerous, then make sure you can call a close friend or family member.
- Make sure you tell a friend or family member where you will be and for how long so they know where you are.
- If for any reason that you feel uncomfortable completing a job for a job poster then please make them aware of how you are feeling and leave the premises. Contact Udrafter on the following number as soon as possible to alert customer services of this issue.
- Make sure that any cash and personal belongings are kept out of sight.
- Ask the business to show you their Udrafter account.
- Ask the student to present their student ID on arrival to verify their identity.
We highly recommend that all users read through the guidance information for job poster and student safety here.
Insurance & Tax
- All students who find one-off jobs or projects through Udrafter must register as Self Employed through HMRC. If you are working for any company as a part time member of staff, full time or self employed then any income derived from these positions is taxable.
- Luckily for students, you are unlikely to exceed your personal allowance threshold of £11,500 for the year studying in the UK. This means you don’t have to pay tax on anything you earn up to £11,500. However, just because you don’t have to pay tax does not mean you do not have to report your earnings to HMRC. More information on this can be found in the Self Employment Registration Guide.
- This is very important as you may have another part time job as well as finding one-off jobs through Udrafter. All income no matter where it is from, contributes to your personal allowance threshold. You must therefore, keep a record of your earnings through Udrafter, so that when it comes around to submitting your tax return at the end of the financial year, you have all of the information to quickly submit!
If this issue still persists then please contact Udrafter Customer Support email@example.com